Thursday, April 28, 2011

Finally Read Neuromancer


You’re probably more nerd than me. But at least I've finally read Neuromancer.

I always read for pleasure. So I’m not just limiting my reading to just comic books, ,graphic novels, and L'Amour's western. From time to time, I relish some Ernest Hemingway or Saul Bellow or Joseph Heller, and others. In fact, I also read the Art of the Deal by Donald Trump, packing my head with some nice load of entrepreneurial ideas that I could use for my day job, in a call center. Okay, sod off!

And now I’ve just finished William Gibson’s Neuromancer, which is said to be science fiction’s answer to fantasy’s The Lord of the Rings, which I’ve tremendously enjoyed reading in college. Neuromancer, on the other hand, is a bit difficult book to read and enjoy if you don’t read sci-fi that much. I don’t read sci-fi that much, though I’ve always wanted to, and I am still looking forward to read Ray Bradbury’s and Harlan Ellison’s books, and perhaps some Philip K. Dick and Neal Stephenson. And now I worry if I will also enjoy their sci-fi books.

But, who knows, after Neuromancer, everything’s possible.

2 comments:

  1. I highly recommend Neal Stephenson's SNOW CRASH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, man. I appreciate it. That's certainly the book by Neal Stephenson I want to read. Apparently, you're nerdier than me.

    ReplyDelete