Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blog Drunk

This drink's for you.

Aahhh, there, I feel much better now.

6th slug of cheap whiskey tastes much better. It's 7th, 8th?. Hell, I lose count. Anyway it tastes good, feels good too. Believe me. If you've tried it, you believe me.

Thing is I’ve not been blogging much as promised. But that’s okay. Also fitting to what I’m trying to do right now. You see if you’ve been with me since I wrote the early entries on this blog like this one here or here, you may have noticed traces of brandy, whiskey, rum, vodka, Red Horse in them posts. Not all of them, of course. Sometimes I ran out of booze and spent all allotted money for booze. But that’s another story.

Stay awhile I may have a tip or two to tell you: like blogging drunk and how it’s a lot fun doing it. Try it sometimes. It works and you’re happy and you get along better with people when you are. It looses something in you.

Sometimes it looses too much you sound like you’re having a fucking dysentery on the page. It happens to me many times and with rum’s help even the shitty lines materialize on page read like a drunk Baudelaire wrote them. Or Chandler. Capote. Hemingway. Okay, a drunk Jonas. Fine with me. Deal with it.

So anyway, blog drunk! That’s what this post is all about.

Why? Because sometimes you don’t feel like fulfilling your obligation to the holy chore of blogging. You waste hours, even days thinking of writing something for the blog, and then you do something else and feel bad about it.

You quarrel with you girlfriend. Lose your temper for no good reason. Terrorize a bum in the street asking you for booze money. Mostly just plain idleness, doing something else. You end up not writing at all, and you lose something, everyday.

With a little resolve and a nice bottle of whiskey (the GF bought me this bottle of whiskey and instead of thanking her, I quarreled with her yesterday about something I can’t even recall what), you can do something like this. And it’s been a long time. And you feel good. Everything in the world is fine again. And you’re ready for some reparation till the bout of not-doing-your-divine-obligation strikes again. But let’s not talk about that.

*Pour a glass of whiskey.

Aahhh there. Now where were we?

Right. Blog drunk. You see, I’ve a very interesting mental life with the booze and all the high-grade junks (100 Bullets, Deadwood, Rome, and The Sopranos) I’ve been consuming in my room these past months. With all those awesomese going into your system, you cannot not do something about it. You're a blogger it's your job to blog about it.

You need the page to put your impressions, relive the experience, digest them better, play with them, make them your own. Now comes boozytime if you encounter a hump. You pour a drink, wet the bloggerly whistle, and you’re good to go.

There you have it. Write drunk and edit the whole shit when sober. Well if you don’t like to wait and edit your shit when sober, that’s okay. I don’t like it too. You just let it be. Your job is done. Mostly I don’t edit when sober. I blog drunk. Also publish drunk. The post will not be that nice to read. But at least you’re consistent.

Now go, get yourself a glass, put on Kenny Chesney’s Hemingway’s Whiskey album or whatever you have, pour a nice deep drink, whiskey or rum or whatever your father has left on the table from last night. And here cheers!

2 comments:

  1. May I simply just say what a comfort to discover somebody
    that actually understands what they are talking about over
    the internet. You certainly realize how to bring an issue to
    light and make it important. More people really need to check this out and understand
    this side of the story. I can't believe you are not more popular because you definitely possess the gift.
    My web page :: kroatien yachtcharter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one these days.
    Also see my webpage - rent apartments in santa monica

    ReplyDelete