Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This Must Be Written Fast

As you may already know, I am an indolent blogger. But when pangs of guilt have been buggering you for days, you no longer find joy in your two shots of whiskey per night, even reading Hellblazer leaves your mouth dry and lighting a fag only heightens the intensity, you don’t sleep well, and those days of making excuses of not doing your sodding obligation to the holy chore of blogging, or whatever that means, have finally taken its toll.

And so a night like this would come when you just start pounding the keyboard, stringing words one inch at a time, and stop a bit too early to look at what you’ve done to the blank page, and if that’s good enough to reward yourself with another slug from the bottle. And you curse yourself because you know it isn’t enough and you’ve to keep pounding the keyboard, and grazing whatever sprout you find in your head at the moment, and voila, you've written a 170-word introduction for a shitty post.

But, hey, it's still a post and I shouldn’t complain. Anyway, I just feel like passing the savings on to you.
  • - I’m almost finished reading Woody Allen’s Biography written by Eric Lax. I think I’ll finish reading the book tonight. It’s a real treat for people who admire the wit and genius of Woody Allen, and offer apt sacrifices for the man, if you can afford it. I can’t. Also watched four of his movies these past weeks: You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, Manhattan Murder Mystery, The Purple Rose of Cairo, and, of course, a new personal favorite, the eponym of Whatever Works.
  •  - Been teaching my older sister (and my younger brother later) about search engine optimization (SEO). I know a lot about this shit and I should be filthy rich by now if only I use what I know to my advantage. But I’ve been an Ockham’s Razor-type of bloke for a long time now, and I’m too lazy to change. So I just teach what I know to others (that means my ate and my lil brother) so that they will soon become rich because, unlike me, they deserve it.
  • - I’m still working on the same company. That should be something, right? Been 8 months now and counting. This is the longest since I quit the college teaching job in 2006 (10 months I was there). I’ve been writer/editor in Smart Traffic Company for 6 months. And have been to various writing stints, 8 companies in all, since I left UST in 2008.
Okay, I feel better now. Sorry for tonight’s ill-conceived rants, dear friend. Must be the cheap whiskey. Come back later for a much decent, sober post. I owe you one.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jonas! You really do have a way with words. I love the "real-ness" of this one and I feel what you're trying to communicate. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! Thanks again, Nica, for coming these parts. I admire you, woman. Thanks for the opportunity, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I can be this shitty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe if you try a bit harder, Berd? Anyone can be shitty good if they just try hard enough. Glad to have you back here, Berd. I like the new clean look of your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jonas. thank you for dropping by my page on tumblr. glad to hear you enjoyed scrolling those stuffs i packed on my page. anyway, i love your page too. I'm thinking maybe i could start my own blog too. how's that? but, i still got miles and miles long to learn more about this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always happy to hear from you, Marvie (am I right?). Please let me know when you've the blog up and running. And come visit me here again once in a while, I'll try to keep the taps flowing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. got one now! thanks to you. :D and followed you already. i still need to fix things on the page. i don't know how to start it yet or what to post. :D will figure it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great Marvie. Will add you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete