Tuesday, November 9, 2010

So What Exactly Is the Plan?

The plan is to get out of the rat race. Fast. Before I turn 30. So that’s less than 3 years from now. There’s not really enough time. But I want to take my best shot, regardless of the result.

The goal is that great ol’ freedom. Freedom to make your present situation a bit better than yesterday. Freedom to buy your little brother a pair of new shoes because you saw him runnin in the basketball court on your old pair of sneakers, which you know, hurt his feet, and it hurts you seeing him rubbing his feet after a grueling game. Or whatever you think having money can do to help others and yourself become a little better.

It’s a rat race out there, chum.

Not a time to lose. But what the heck is a rat race? If you’ve been feeling the pinch of doing everything you can, for years now, and seems like there’s no fricking improvement since last year, or the other year before that, though you work your arse off from 10 in the morning to 7 in the evening, you are in a rat race. And you will remain there till what, till it’s time for you to retire? You are 60 by then. An old, spent rat.

If you’ve played the game called Cashflow, maybe you will understand the concept better. I haven’t played it. But I’ve read about the man who invented the game, and owe him a lot for that. Not a time to lose.

So what’s my plan of action?

Invest on myself and what I do best. And what I do best is not nice.


(Next post: How Are You Going To Achieve Your Goal, Jonas?)

(Previous post: I Now Have a PLAN?)

No comments:

Post a Comment