Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ennui

"And it was all from ennui, gentlemen, all from ennui; inertia overcame me." ~ Notes from the Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

You know me. I’ll do everything I can to update this blog, giving you fresh posts as frequently as I empty a bottle of booze in my room, chucking down pages of George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series, which I’m now on the fifth book, A Dance With Dragons, and watching too much The Shield (wtf, is that Kavanaugh pitching his tent in The Barn?). He’s the annoying, creepy guy in the neighborhood who just doesn't go away.

So you see, I keep keeping my shit up to find/look for anything, anything that could give me a eureka, make me say that’s it, I want to blog something about it, and fuck them if they don’t like it, much less understand where my thoughts are going, but you know I am not the kind of person to fool around, to fool you, because you know we’re both too cool for that, except that I am the uncool one who blogs from time to time with some cool stuff, which you want to read because like me, you’re just another regular junkie, who feeds on uncool junkies like me who occasionally writes cool stuff that lessen the ennui, kill a few minutes of the boring hour, read something interesting, anything to cure the malaise . And we feed on one another, you and me.

That’s that. Come back later when I have something real to say to you. Now go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment